Olympus OM 55mm f/1.2 MF lens
- probably introduced in 1974; 55mm filter;
- replaced by the Olympus OM 50mm f/1.2 MF lens, which is even smaller at an incredible 285g and with a 49mm filter thread, while being improved optically!
- may need prolonged UV light to remove yellowing from the radioactive elements used
- very soft with ghosting and CA wide open on Micro Four Thirds cameras - see John Foster's test
- 55mm focal length standard lens for Olympus OM system
- 7 elements in 6 groups
- uses a unique optical design with fourth group of elements is arranged to act as a concave with the cemented surface facing the object. It was specially designed to correct common aberrations of this lens type to ensure images will deliver crisp sharp details.
- 55mm filter
- close focus 0.45m
- 65mm wide by 47mm long
- Recommended Focusing Screens: 1:1*, 1:2*, 1:3*, 1:4*, 1:5#, 1:6#, 1:13*, 1:14*
photo/olympusom55mmf1.2.txt · Last modified: 2017/05/07 11:08 by gary1