Table of Contents
Olympus ZD 90-250mm f/2.8 super telephoto lens
- Super High Grade (SHG) Olympus Four Thirds dSLR system lens
- this is a unique super telephoto zoom lens covering 180-500mm field of view with a bight f/2.8 constant aperture
- a fantastic lens for action or wildlife photography and unique at 180-500mm equiv. f/2.8 but ~$US6000 or $A10,000 and 3.27kg with 105mm filter
- the longest zoom made by Canon is their 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS which weighs 1.36kg but 2 stops slower.
- Canon make a 400mm f/2.8L IS lens but this is 5.3kg while the 500mm f/4L IS is 3.9kg and 1 stop slower.
- 90-250mm focal length = 180-500mm field of view on 35mm cameras
- 17 Elements in 12 Groups, including 3 ED lenses
- close focus 2.5m = 0.08x macro
- 105mm filter
- 124 x 276 mm
- compatible with extension tubes and teleconverters
- colour reproduction, contrast and the control; of chromatic aberrations on this lens are all excellent, as is the control of distortions
- some question about slowish AF speed but then he was testing it with an Olympus E-500 dSLR
photo/olympuszd90-250mm.txt · Last modified: 2013/09/21 00:49 by gary1