Panasonic 25mm f/1.7 lens
- the latest Panasonic wide aperture compact “standard” lens for Micro Four Thirds system which adds faster AF with DFD C-AF compatibility and 240fps AF signalling, but presumably at a more budget price than the f/1.4 lens.
- announced July 2015, probably available 2016
- this compact design is courtesy of the shorter lens flange distance of the Micro Four Thirds system.
- an awesome lens for low light work indoors such as in art galleries, and for environmental portraits.
- Micro Four Thirds system users have a number of “standard lens” options as well as this lens, including:
- older design lens but does have f/1.4 aperture
- larger, heavier, far more expensive
- half the size and weight, wider field of view but slower, noisier AF
- only f/2.8 aperture, slower, noisier AF
- manual focus only, much heavier, more expensive, and no where near as sharp in the corners at any aperture but you do get f/0.95
- 25mm focal length = 50mm field of view on 35mm full frame
- 8 elements in 7 groups
- 46mm filter
- close focus 0.25m
- 7 blades
- 52mm long
photo/pan25mm1.7.txt · Last modified: 2017/04/28 10:25 by gary1