The anticipated announcement from Canon today has revealed a new pro Cine video camera system based around their EOS system, but with also a camera designed to take PL Cine lenses, the EOS C300 PL.
1st the two new video cameras:
Canon EOS C300 Digital Cinema Camera
- two versions – EF lens mount and PL lens mount with expected list price of $US20,000 for body only.
- 8.3MP Super 35mm sized CMOS sensor with automatic vignetting correction for recognised lenses
- max. recording rate 50Mbps using MPEG2 1080p full HD video via industry-standard MXF (Material eXchange Format) audio and video file formats
- frame rates of 59.41i, 50.00i, 29.97P, 25.00P and 23.98P (plus 24.00p in the PL camera)
4K Canon EOS dSLR in design stage
- 35 mm full-frame CMOS sensor in a traditional dSLR camera body
- 4K video (cropped to APS-H size) at 24P, with Motion-JPEG compression
EF Cine lenses:
- CN-E14.5-60mm T2.6 L S
- CN-E30-300mm T2.95-3.7 L S
- CN-E24mm T1.5 L F
- CN-E50mm T1.3 L F
- CN-E85mm T1.3 L F