The Whitsunday Islands
- warning: potentially lethal jellyfish stingers require use of stinger
suits in the summer months esp. October onwards.
- Whitsunday Island:
- Hayman Island:
- Lindeman Island:
- Long Island:
- Molle Island:
- Shaw Island:
- Gloucester Island:
- sailing the Whitsundays:
- charter boat holidays:
- usual adventure sailing is by booking a berth on a crewed &
catered charter boat with 10-18 passengers for 2 nights at a cost of
~$220-500 incl. meals.
- can charter a boat with crew & catering for $2000/day for up
to 14 guests.
- scuba diving is extra.
- rent a boat:
- ~$100 pp per night not including food, etc. but if hire for 10
days, then only ~$50/n pp.
- 4-6 berth motorised yacht is $370-500/d
- 8-10 berth motorised yacht is $695-860/d or ~$3000-4800 for 120hrs
(5days) and extra 1/3rd for next 5 days.
- $100 excess & $500 refundable bond.
- including fully equipped galleys with gas stove/oven, gas barbecue
on the stern. Refrigeration, hot fresh water showers, snorkelling,
navigation and safety gear.
- bareboating is safe, simple and easy. No boating license is
necessary, a full area and boat briefing is included. If you're
unsure of your boating skills extra tuition with a cruise guide is
available. Backup and radio contact is maintained so you're never
far from care.
Rent A Yacht
Reef Charters - $825-1090/d
- Flinders Hway west to:
- Charters Towers
- Mt Isa
- Magnetic Island:
- North Queensland
- Leichardt Ranges