- one of the world's great train rides covering 1559km - an adventure across
the outback desert from Adelaide to Darwin in air-conditioned comfort
- the $1.3b railway finally completed in 2004 after the initial track from
Adelaide to Alice Springs was completed in 1929.
- trains depart Adelaide every Sunday evening & from Darwin every Wed.
- journey takes 47hrs & off-train tours to Alice Springs, Uluru, Cooper
Pedy & Katherine Gorge are available
- 60 day "flexi-travel" tickets also available to allow
passenegers to get on and off the train as they go to allow more
- a day-nighter seat costs $490 one way, while a Red Kangaroo sleeper costs
$1490 & the Gold Kangaroo sleeper with ensuites, freshly laundered
towels & sheets costs $1850.
- NB. the Indian Pacific railway from Sydney to Perth is 4352km, the
Trans-Siberian from Moscow to Vladivostok is 10,000km.